Adrenal fatigue is talked about so often! I hear it from friends, clients, random posts on facebook.
First of all, the root of adrenal fatigue is chronic stress. Our bodies go through three phases when subjected to stress: alarm, resistance and exhaustion.
With all the stress in our modern lives (both typical stress and also the stress of having to deal with pollution and toxins in our environment), and without nourishing our bodies and our adrenal glands fully, chronic stress can add up.
Eventually our body will try to tell us that it needs support by showing us some symptoms.
Symptoms of adrenal fatigue:
- irritable, short temper
- foggy brain (often linked to candida)
- really freaking tired
- high or low blood pressure – more often low which would cause…
- very rapid or slow heart beat, that changes quickly from one end to the other
- blood pressure decreases when standing up (dizziness, lightheadedness, grey outs)
- strong cravings for coffee or caffeinated sodas
- frequent headaches or migraines
- excessive sweating, doing things that wouldn’t cause other people to sweat
- cold sweats for no apparent reason
- feeling of helplessness in the face of a given situation
- stress or emotional upset causes exhaustion
- Feel a tightness or lump in your throat, especially when emotionally disturbed
- neck and/or shoulder tension (that isn’t caused by physical issues like sleeping position)
- insomnia, circadian rhythm off
- PMS/menopause symptoms worse than usual
- low immunity
How to nourish your adrenal glands:
The good news is – there are lots more things you can do for your body and your adrenal glands to better handle chronic stress, like nourishing yourself with energy-boosting foods that have the nutrients they (and you!) need to function at their best.
Because adrenal fatigue and chronic stress seem to be so common these days, I’ve set up my highly successful Vegan Fatigue Fighter program as self-guided! So it’s more affordable – plus allows you the flexibility to move through at your own pace. Because I know it can be hard to do everything at once when you’re really tired. It can be hard to do even more than one thing.
Join me for this 5 step holistic nutrition program to nourish your body and build your energy levels back so you can enJOY your life.